Tuesday, February 26, 2019

What now?

I have had three calls already... "What happens now?"

The short answer is, We don't know yet.

As I talked to Carrie a moment ago about today's ugliness, a fellow "in the know" came by and he joined the conversation. He noted, as I think I did earlier, that nearly the last think we did was to refer the Traditional Plan back to Judicial Council once again for a declaratory ruling as to its constitutionality, and the Exit plan as well. If, as is expected, all of it is ruled unconstitutional once again, then we are left with exactly what he have right now, which does not please some folk one way or the other, but at least gives us room to move and minister in the ways we do now. So...

Until the ruling, nothing changes.

After the ruling, it may be that nothing changes.

And we will face 2020 in Minneapolis poorer in the pocket, battered in reputation (I can't BELIEVE we needed the police for our meeting's close!), and no richer in spirit.

I will have more to say about this in a blog I will post later tonight or tomorrow.

And in my sermon on Sunday at 10:30, and in my "Conference Report" which will take place after worship. And we DO hope to tape that session and post it online, so that those who are unable to attend worship will still be able to see it at their convenience.

That said, as I can attest, there is nothing like being there in person to see it and feel it as it happens--for good and for ill.

Pray for the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fishing for the Future

takemefishing.org I was supposed to go fishing this afternoon.  Didn’t happen, though. Bummer. I love to fish, though I do not...