Tuesday, February 26, 2019

And now as we prepare to approve plans for disaffiliation and exit...

There are loud cries heard in the camps...

The TP plan passed by some 50 votes. The Chair called recess. On the floor a circle of 150 or so delegates led a response and song ("This is my story, this is my song...") pledging to continue the fight and such. They were answered by hundreds in the stands.

There is anger, sadness, weariness on almost everyone's part. However, a circle of delegates, who appear to be from the Central Conferences (including Africa) have formed a different circle and are clapping and singing and chanting. This is a really ugly moment, and I have a hard time finding much of the Holy Spirit in the room at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fishing for the Future

takemefishing.org I was supposed to go fishing this afternoon.  Didn’t happen, though. Bummer. I love to fish, though I do not...