Tuesday, February 26, 2019

So...What did YOU do for lunch?

I played ping-pong, of a sort.

Leaving the Dome, after a really tough morning, I took a couple of selfies with the folk from Westboro Baptist Church. I was SO disappointed, as there were only three or four of them today. After yesterday, perhaps they felt their work was done.

The guy in the shot to the left--it is not a great picture, I confess--is preaching through a bullhorn. Typical invectives and such.

The guy in the camouflage jacket. a big burley guy...  after I took the shot I walked over to him and said, "You guys are HILARIOUS! Thank you so much for entertaining us all week! Really funny routine!" He smiled smugly, nodded slightly, signaled to another fellow. As I started away, the guy he signaled (a tall, thin African-American guy) came toward me with a bullhorn  calling, "You are going to die in your sins!" All I will say is that the bullhorn helped. At least I could hear him.

I invited them to lunch, but they didn't seem interested. Just as well, because I came here, to Hamburger Mary. I came here the other day, accidentally. Today I came back on purpose, with about 200 other UM's. The poor staff... my server says that normally, on Tuesday, they sit around looking at each other (I did not make a joke, though tonight is Dinner with the Divas). But apparently, after a LONG morning, and so much grim discussion about all matters...well, all the matters before us... a LOT of people, gay and straight, felt the need to just relax a little and get a burger and laugh and smile.

I ordered the Queen Mary, of course, which is a bacon cheeseburger by another name, with "ta-tas," tater tots.

When in St. Louis...

And I will be leaving tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. We ate lunch there too today. Was great.

    Loved your interaction with Westboro!

    ReplyDelete

Fishing for the Future

takemefishing.org I was supposed to go fishing this afternoon.  Didn’t happen, though. Bummer. I love to fish, though I do not...