Monday, February 25, 2019

At 11:34, EST, 10:34 Central...

The Traditional Plan was passed. Now, the Plan will head to the Plenary on tomorrow, and should it be passed, it will be referred to the Judicial Council, and perhaps earlier. Over 40% of the plan as it was originally crafted was ruled Unconstitutional, and even after modifications it has not been made workable according to our Constitution. We are now considering motions on Disaffiliation, which is a terrible word, but if we are to divide I would hope we can find a gracious way to bless each other as we do. As Abraham said to Lot, "If you take the right, I will take the left. If you take the left, I will take the right. We are kin."

Also, see this article: https://religionnews.com/2019/02/22/united-methodists-should-acknowledge-reality-that-they-are-no-longer-united/?fbclid=IwAR19PULMgV_Ju_d4Au1GQkMOLzyJZBpWSPiXB3K3WtSQn-_lN950cOuN7kA









No comments:

Post a Comment

Fishing for the Future

takemefishing.org I was supposed to go fishing this afternoon.  Didn’t happen, though. Bummer. I love to fish, though I do not...