Saturday, February 23, 2019

Lunch and Fasting

The lunch break was a time for self-directed prayer and fasting. I am not sure about the prayer part, but few of the delegates fasted, and many were looking for coffee, which had been mysteriously absent from the concession stands most of the morning. I noticed one of our delegates dozing and sent him a text asking if he were not excited and engaged. He replied, "I am prayerfully sleepy." I reminded him of the Psalm, "God gives rest to his beloved." He said, "Amen."

I should have brought binoculars. I am WAY away from the floor and the action.

But, I feel like I have a bit of "heaven's" view, joining those who are witnessing from afar. With the invisible ones among us, we are in fact surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses, who are praying for us as we continue to pray.

During the lunch hour I received an email from the Uniting Methodists, and this article attached. I thought it excellent, and wanted to share.

https://mailchi.mp/unitingmethodists/newsletter-2019-02-23?e=c9fdcf1b16

Oh, and Go Vols!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fishing for the Future

takemefishing.org I was supposed to go fishing this afternoon.  Didn’t happen, though. Bummer. I love to fish, though I do not...